Popular Posts

Friday, May 13, 2011

Creating...

I have been working in acrylics and have done four paintings. My first a hummingbird...still not happy with it...the good think about painting you can just paint it out and go again! The second I like and the subject was the Marshes of Kiawah Island. Funny I wonder now did I know deep down somewhere that I would be finding a way to spend more time near the marsh and ocean. Anyway this was a small canvas but it turned out ok and now it is hanging at Paws and Paddles Vacation Cottage! The third painting was a orange sunset with two kayaks in dark/black shadows. The fourth was a 36 x 36 canvas. The largest I have ever tackled. It showed the marsh and the front of a kayak from the perspective of the person in the kayak. Lots of lime green to go with the pillows on the couch at Paws and Paddles! So all of my paintings have ended up at the cottage except for the hummingbird and I want to rework him. I also have an idea to paint some 12 inch ceramic tiles with sea animals and use them on the fence in the outdoor shower area...A sea turtle first, then a sea star, sea horse, and maybe a jellyfish...we'll sea...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment